How does Duct Cleaning Work?
If you have a fuel-burning furnace, stove, or fireplace, the US EPA recommends they be inspected for proper functioning and be serviced before each heating season to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning.
When it comes to cleaning your duct work the SERVPRO way uses a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system.
- Our process beings by using patentedequipment, including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shapre and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debirs and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debirs from the ducting to a 16 gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.